Do you remember LAN parties? They don’t have to be a thing of the past thanks to the latest update from V Rising.
The most popular vampire game in the field, V Rising, which just celebrated passing one million users, has had a new patch. And one that we’re quite excited about. Thanks to the new LAN mode, you don’t need an internet connection to play.
Correct; if you set up a local network with friends, you don’t need an internet connection to enjoy V Rising. There are a few steps you need to go through to play in LAN mode:
- Choose “Go Offline” from the main Steam menu. You can now disconnect your PC from the Internet.
- Launch V Rising and check the appropriate box in the UI: if you’re hosting, choose ‘LAN Mode’. When connecting to a server, check ‘LAN Server’ in the Direct Connect to Server window.
Since the game is in Early Access, you can of course see the addition of LAN mode as a beta of sorts. Developer Stunlock Studios promises to keep improving and developing functionality during the Early Access period of V Rising.
Other updates in the latest update are as follows:
- You can now send server wide messages
- The ‘Authentication Error’ has several solutions
- Rescuing cloaks no longer provides the total crafting cost, so players can no longer benefit from crafting
- Players are no longer allowed to place soul shards in containers
- Players can no longer send the same servant on multiple yachts
- Castle floors are no longer disconnected from the Castle Heart when two players are dismantling
- Players will no longer get multiple gear upgrades equipped with two weapons
- Steam Cloud can now save server history
- New admin commands have been added
You can read the full patch notes for V Rising’s update 0.5.41448 here.